The newly announced scheme, PMKVY, with its thrust on skill development to build human capital for future markets is sure to reap benefits for our economy. The new Policy and a Mission mode approach to deliver results will usher in a new era in the development of human resources and industry.
- It focuses on the first time entrants to the labor market and target mainly dropouts from class 10 and class 12.
- Skill and knowledge are the two driving forces of economic growth and social development for any country.
- PMKVY is a flagship scheme for imparting skill training to youth, focusingon improved curricula, better pedagogy and trained instructors.
- It is being implemented by the newly created Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship through the NSDC which will cover 24 lakhs youths.
- PMKVY, with its thrust on skill development to build human capital for future markets is sure to reap benefits for our economy.
- The training includes soft skills, personal grooming, and behavioral changes.
- Under the scheme a monetary reward is given to trainees on assessment and certification by third party assessment bodies.
- The average monetary reward is around Rs.8, 000 per trainee.
- The target for skill development will also take into account the demands from recently launched Make in India, Digital India, National Solar Mission.